Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Smile - Wikidrummer

This is just a cool idea for music and audio geeks to enjoy. Getting good drum sounds is crucial to the overall sound of any recording. Natural sounds are preferable to digital reverbs. In this video, there are supposedly no artificial reverbs added, just the ambient sound of the places themselves. You'd have to listen on much better speakers than my computer or headphones to know for sure, but I'll take their word for it. Just for the record, my favorite sound of all the set-ups is the auto shop.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I wonder what their mic setup was? Their website focuses on the instruments, but I would submit that the samples and editing were a product of the recording tech as much as it was the instrumentation and artist. As much as the "music performance" studies side of me yearns to find out the performance technique and equipment choice of the artists and instruments, I want perhaps more for the recording tech side to be revealed even more. Both sides of me, I think, are fully engulfed in the choices of venue/theater. What an amazing difference and affect it has!

    ReplyDelete