Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sad News from Denise Spencer

Michael Spencer, affectionately known as iMonk to many of us, has been suffering with debilitating illness for some time now. Today, his wife, Denise, posted some very sad news about his condition.

"It is with a heavy heart that I bring my latest update on Michael. We have learned that his cancer is too advanced and too aggressive to expect any sort of remission. Our oncologist estimates that with continued treatment Michael most likely has somewhere between six months and a year to live. This is not really a surprise to us, though it is certainly horrible news. From the very beginning, both of us have suspected that this would prove to be an extremely bad situation. I don’t know why; perhaps God was preparing us for the worst all along by giving us that intuition." Read More

I'm very downcast about this. A cold gray rainy day in Minnesota just got a little harder to take. I have never met Michael, but have counted him a good friend and brother. His podcasts and blog have been an ongoing source of encouragement and thoughtful stimulation to me for the last couple of years.

Please join me in praying for Michael Spencer, his wife Denise, and their children Clay and Noel.

No comments:

Post a Comment