Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Favorites - Date Night


On a chilly November night in 1973, I went on my first date with a farm girl from southwest Nebraska. We were at a high-school program (I was a senior and she was a freshman) at Nebraska Christian College in Norfolk, NE. Late one night after the evening programs we left campus and went to the Pizza Hut. Being a local kid with a car had it's advantages!

I was surprised when she ordered a glass of milk to drink with her pizza. Honestly, that seemed a little weird to me, but I gave it a try and low and behold it was pretty great. So ever since then, drinking milk with pizza has been on my list of good things I might have missed if it weren't for that girl.

Tonight, that very same girl and I are going to a Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra concert. Pretty sophisticated, right? Before that, however, in honor of this momentous anniversary 41, we're going to go out for pizza at a friend's 41st birthday party. I bet we'll be the only ones there drinking milk.

1 comment: