Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Media - Kenspeckle LetterPress

I'm a big fan of Rick Allen's work available at Kenspeckle LetterPress. His art is a celebration of Duluth, Lake Superior, and the North Woods of Minnesota's arrowhead region. Rick's work is both beautiful and whimsical--always a great combination in my book. I'm especially fond of his "Trapper's Daughter" prints. I hope he has plans for a large format book of the complete series.

Two weekends ago, I went camping up near Tofte, MN with several friends. The Sunday of that weekend, August 19, was the 34th wedding anniversary for Cheri and me.

Lest you think me old and crusty for being away from my lovely wife on that special occasion, I ask you to please remember that I am a romantic at heart. Yessiree, on that very day, Sunday, August 19, I purchased the Rick Allen print (above)--"Love in a COLD Climate"--to take home to my beloved spouse. Appropriate, don't you think!

Not only did I give her the joy of a nice quiet weekend without me, but she was thrilled when I returned with this Kenspeckle treasure which will now occupy a special place in our home sweet home. I should also pass along that, in additon to the print, she was pretty dang thrilled with the sea-salt chocolate covered caramels I brought her from the Great Lakes Candy Kitchen.

Here's a little video about Kenspeckle LetterPress. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. All claims hereby verified! Thanks for sharing the video...and for introducing me to Rick Allen's work. I love how he points out that the press wouldn't be OSHA Approved. That just makes his art form more awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete