Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday Food - Magic Bullet Smoothies

One of the difficult things about eating healthy is satisfying that appetite for dessert. Smoothies are special and creamy and really hit the spot.

I love using the Magic Bullet blender I got for my birthday earlier this summer. It's a great way to make something healthy and delicious to satisfy a craving for dessert. Here is my fast and simple recipe for a strawberry, banana, coconut smoothie. It makes enough for two 8oz tumblers. One for me and one for Cheri.


Strawberry-Banana-Coconut Smoothies
1. Slice a banana and put it into the large bullet cup.
 2. Fill the rest of the cup with frozen strawberries.
 3. Pour unsweetened coconut milk up to about a half-inch from the top of the cup.
 4. Put on the flat-blade blending lid.
 5. Whip it up. Serve it up. Enjoy!

I use Trader Joe's Organic Frozen Strawberries and Unsweetened Coconut Milk.


1 comment:

  1. YUMMY!

    I totally did a food post today too!

    Then I just baked a bunch of chocolate chip cookies with the kids.

    Maybe my stomach is trying to tell me something?

    ReplyDelete