Friday, November 02, 2012

Friday Family - Birds Weekend

For the third time in five weeks, my sweet wife is on the road again. The first weekend in October, Cheri headed down to Omaha for a family wedding. Then a few weeks later, she flew down to Nashville for a weekend with Tyler and Ali and our grandsons. This time she headed south to Kansas City where she is meeting up with her mom and three sisters for their annual "Birds Weekend."

None of the men in our family knows for sure what happens at Birds Weekend because we're all banished from being anywhere near their chosen location. If Cheri were hosting the weekend, I would be the one taking a trip.

Birds Weekend is a tradition Cheri, aka "Barnswallow" (yes they all actually have code names), her mom, and sisters have been keeping for a long time. When all of my sons were kids and still at home, we used to take advantage of Birds Weekend to head up to the North Shore for a father/son trip. So even though I've never been to a Birds Weekend, said weekend has afforded me plenty of sweet times and fond memories. 

This year, I'm just doing work around the house and getting things ready for winter, reading, and tinkering around with music, and getting things ready for Sunday at Valley. I'm also planning to check out a new eatery in South Mpls with a friend on Saturday night. Oh, and I'm planning to Skype with son #1 this afternoon. In other words, I'll be fine.  :-)

Have a great weekend with your dearly beloved birds, Cheri! See you at the airport on Sunday! xo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this picture, too. What a sweet, sweet woman...

    ReplyDelete