Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Music - David Eugene Edwards

How is it that I've never heard of this guy before? What a startling discovery! I checked out a number of interviews and videos about him over the weekend. He is a deep and fascinating person, and his music reflects that depth and wonder.





"I try to be true to myself and to be sincere. If I’m being sincere about something wrong, at least I’m being sincere. I just try to be truthful to myself with the music that I play and the words that I sing. I don’t have any specific message. I don’t have this message of joy or anything specific, it’s just life; all the different emotions that go with life. One minute you’re happy and the next, you’re completely depressed, depending on the situation, but always the Lord is there guiding you through whatever it is. That’s how I see the music." 
--From an interview posted on Holiday at the Sea

3 comments:

  1. Jason Peterson4:09 PM

    His band Wovenhand will be playing at the 7th St. Entry in April. I'm planning to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the date? I might like to go too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason Peterson9:57 PM

    Friday, April 5th.

    ReplyDelete