Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Favorites – The Brain with David Eagleman

http://www.eagleman.com/research/11-david-eagleman/113-the-brain-pbs

I'm a fan of David Eagleman. I've enjoyed his books, stories he's written, and a number of interviews he's given over the years on some of my favorite podcasts. When I heard about this new PBS series, I knew it would be something I would want to watch.  I'm sure I will also want to add the accompanying book for the series to my library.

The first episode aired on PBS this week and I thought it was terrific––well-written, beautifully shot, and Eagleman is a brilliant and winsome host. He is such an effective communicator that the complex ideas and concepts he presents become accessible and enjoyable to the non-technical viewer.  Imagine having fun while you think and learn! "The Brain with David Eagleman" is documentary television at its best. Check out the series website or watch the trailer by clicking HERE or on the image below.

https://youtu.be/cTl2Odxgr54

THE BRAIN with David Eagleman. Six one-hour episodes that tell the story of the inner workings of the brain and take viewers on a visually spectacular journey into why they feel and think the things they do. This epic series focuses on the basic truths of being human, exposing elegant ideas about the brain as they apply to us and our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment