Friday, October 02, 2015

Friday Favorites - Jeremy Denk and the SPCO


It was a joy to hear Jeremy Denk performing with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra on September 18. I especially appreciated the performance of Bach's Concerto No. 4 in A for Piano and Strings (BWV 1055). It was a wonderful evening – the pianist, the orchestra, and the new Ordway Concert Hall were all just brilliant!

I went online the next day to see if a recording of Denk playing that concerto was available, but couldn't find one. I did, however, find and purchase a new recording of him performing Bach's Goldberg Variations.

I am so pleased that Jeremy Denk is currently of the SPCO's artistic partners, and I look forward to upcoming concerts with him. Read more about him HERE.

https://youtu.be/NEuaKv4sGrQ

No comments:

Post a Comment