Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Music - Chamber Music with Søren

My wife and I have tickets to a couple different St. Paul Chamber Orchestra concert series, but we've had quite a time getting to all the concerts this year. We've had to reschedule and exchange tickets on a couple of occasions due to personal calendar conflicts, and there have been a few times when Cheri has not been able to attend. Yesterday was one those.

However, a happy new development in our family is that my grandson, Søren, is now old enough to go to concerts with me when his Néné can't. So yesterday, after I got home from church, Søren and I went over to Bethel University to take in an afternoon performance. We stayed for two of the pieces. The first was String Octet by Romanian composer, George Enescu, and the second was Mozart's Adagio in E for Violin and Orchestra.

I'm a big fan of the SPCO. We're so blessed to have such a wonderful orchestra in the Twin Cities. I'm also enjoying my new opportunities to introduce my grandson, Søren, to classical music and the experience of live orchestra concerts.

If you'd like to get a feeling for our first 40 minutes of yesterday's concert, here is a video of Enescu's String Octet. It's not the SPCO, but it's the same piece performed at the Esbjerg International Chamber Music Festival 2011 in Denmark. Thank you, SPCO, for making this kind of music available in the Twin Cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment