Thursday, March 01, 2012

Thursday Thinking - Future Housing?

IKEA, known for their ready-to-use home design solutions and functional furniture for urban living space, is now going further and is introducing AKTIV, the first project in a new line of dwellings. To do this, they have teamed up with the Oregon-based company, IdeaBox. Read more about it.

I've checked out Ideabox and also a number of other micro-prefab house builders. I love the idea of building something small and beautiful in a quiet spot somewhere for my retirement years. I've even been considering the possibility of building a house out of old shipping containers (check these out). I don't know if I'll ever do it, but the idea is very very appealing to me.

Check out these wonderful IDEABOX designs.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea IKEA thinking out of the box. ha

    ReplyDelete