Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Food - Swiss Chard

This is the first year that we have grown Swiss chard in our garden. Our kale and chard crops are very abundant even though we have a relatively small number of plants (maybe a half-dozen). We have more leaves than we'll be able to eat fresh, so we'll be experimenting with freezing.

The chard we're growing is every bit as beautiful as the chard in the video below. I've been putting it in fresh salads and wraps, but I can use up more of it by wilting it into stir-fries, sauces, and soups.

I think I'll head out to the garden and bring in a leaf or two right now!

"Chard 101" from the Clean and Delicious website:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Mmmmm love swiss chard. It is so good looking on the plate and good for you too. Farmers markets have that a beautiful asian spinach right now for those (like me) who don't have a garden. Only cost $1 a bunch! Thanks for sharing Dave.

    ReplyDelete