Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Smile - Mr. Rogers Remixed

I came across this song and video through a link my brother, Jason, posted on Facebook. Musically, it's a lot of fun, and remixing Mr. Rogers' words, voice, and ideas is a brilliant way to make me smile.

I'm a big fan of Fred Rogers. What an amazing man he was! His simplicity, authenticity, and just plain goodness was a beautiful thing.

Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind?
You can grow ideas in the garden of your mind.
It's good to be curious about many things--
You can think about things and make believe--
All you have to do is think, and they'll grow

Do you know anyone who has the potential of being a "Fred Rogers" for children today?

1 comment:

  1. I miss Mr. Rogers! He was a staple of my early childhood TV intake. Sesame Street, Electric Company and Mr. Rogers was about all there was in the way of media that was focused on early child education. I loved them all!

    What a great clip, thanks for passing this along, Dave!

    ReplyDelete