Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Tuesday Tome - The Parish Nurse

Some of the books on my reading list are in the category of church ministry and development. I'm currently ripping through a little tome called The Parish Nurse: Providing a Minister of Health for Your Congregation by Granger E. Westberg.

I was prompted to research this topic by a request from a nurse-practitioner who attends Valley. She is very interested in using her training and gifts within the context of our church community. I'm always ready and interested to help people use their gifts, pursue their interests, and find their place of ministry, so it's time for me to do a little bit of study.

This book seems to be a pretty basic, practical, and widely appreciated introduction to the subject. If you have any additional books, resources, or experiences relating to a parish nurse program, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment