Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Family - Burkum Travelers

The Burkums are on the move this weekend. Grandpa Lowell and Grandma Dixie are visiting us for the weekend. Unfortunately, all three of my sons are on the road with music tours. Way back in the day, it used to be Grandpa Lowell who was touring and singing with the Watchmen Quartet. I guess there's something in that Burkum DNA leads to lots of music and miles.

But don't worry, we'll make sure Lowell and Dixie have plenty of good family time. They should have a chance to see nieces, nephews, grandkids, and great grandsons. Grandma Dixie might even get a chance to visit her sister, Betty, over in St. Louis Park. We'll see how much we can fit into a few days.

Missing the fun this weekend are my son, Tyler, and nephew, Phil, who are playing shows in Chicago with LEAGUES.



Also, sons Page and Jack are on tour to Bristol, Tennessee with The Cactus Blossoms.

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend! I bummed I won't be able to meet your folks. But I should be home in time for church Wed pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 PM

    I loved seeing a picture of Grandma & Grandpa Burkum!! Also neat to see and hear your sons performing!! It's been a long time since you were my student in Norfolk! I am retired since 2004, having started teaching in Jan. 1958...that's a lot of kids...well, I am helping with the after school musical drama at the last school where I taught...middle school, no less. I haven't worked with children the last 9 years and I'm LOVING it!! It is good to see you on Facebook...keep up the good work!! Peggy Keebler-Clifford

    ReplyDelete