Monday, September 09, 2013

Monday Music - Abundant Life


Laura Veir's new album, Warp and Weft has been my soundtrack for the last week or so. The more I listen, the more I love it. For my own musical tastes and temperament, this a perfect CD. Thoughtful, yet minimalist lyrics -- gorgeous, tasteful, and enchanting arrangements of absolutely wonderful tunes -- this is a recording I could and will listen to over and over again.

Somehow, listening to the music of this album is like getting a strong dose of existential goodness injected directly into my heart. This induces deep feelings of hopeful mystery and sweet melancholy that make me feel strangely better than usual. I've enjoyed it while taking walks and while sitting by the campfire on my patio in the evening. I hope to enjoy it again while laying in a hammock in the late summer breeze, staring into the sky through the branches hovering above me, savoring the final lyrics as they fade away with the phrase, "Abundant life, that's this life."

CLICK HERE for a nice review from Slant Magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment