Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Music - Angels I Have Heard




I was down and on my front porch,
I said, "God are you still there?
I need to know you better...
I guess this is a prayer."
And I swear that in the silence
I could hear the Savior say,
"If you seek me you will find me;
If you look, I'll show the way."

And I'm sure that there were angels-
Angels in the sky,
Angels I could hear on high.

I was bruised and I was battered;
I was trying to serve the Lord-
Trying to live by faith in Jesus,
But I was dying by the sword.
On the road to Minneapolis,
I said, "Jesus, tell me why!"
I could feel Him in my sorrow,
I was sure He heard my cry.

And I knew that there were angels-
Angels in the sky,
Angels I could hear on high.

Peace in every earthly test.
Good will!  On you God's favor rests!

When my weary overtakes me,
When the dark of night descends,
When I'm lonely as a shepherd
In the hills of Bethlehem.
I think back and I remember
Another night alone out there
Where a great light filled the heavens,
Shouts of glory in the air.

Yes, I think about those angels,
Angels in the sky,
Angels I have heard on high.

"Angels I Have Heard" words and music by Dave Burkum, from the CD, IF I CLOSE MY EYES, © Copyright 1995 by Dave Burkum.

No comments:

Post a Comment