Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Music - Christmas Music for Kids

My wife, Cheri, runs a licensed childcare center in our home. Since I'm usually working out of my home in the mornings, I get to hear her interact with the kids and lead them in special activities. Every day they have something she calls Circle Time. It usually involves at least a little bit of singing.

This month she's been passing out the rhythm instruments and having the kids sing and play along to with "There Was a Little Baby" from the Raffi Christmas Album. The kids really love it and they sing their hearts out.

Raffi Cavoukian is a very interesting guy, and I sort of consider him to be the musical Mr. Rogers. He really respects children and has a calm, sweet, and relational tone in all of his music. He's also very non-commercial. If you're looking for a delightful and "sing-alongable" Christmas CD for your kids, you can't do any better than this one.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a song you wrote 'Mary had a Baby my Lord...' something like that. Maybe a kids songs album by Dave Burkum??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't written a "Mary Had a Baby" song, but there are a number of traditional songs out there to choose from. I think the one you're remembering is from the Bruce Cockburn Christmas CD. :-)

    ReplyDelete